Saturday, March 14, 2020

COVID19 Update - Day 3

US Tests: 17,892
US Cases: 2,182
US Deaths: 49
Worldwide Cases: 145,374
Worldwide Deaths: 5,429

So Trump finally declared a national emergency, only 6 weeks after the WHO declared the virus to be a global emergency.  Great work, Donnie.

And not only that, Trump & Co. continued to lie about stuff, like the great coronavirus testing website from Google that Trump promised, but which doesn't exist.  Good Lord.  Why does anyone listen to a word coming out of his mouth?

On a more personal note --- yesterday, I forgot to include the fact that the annual banquet for my daughter's dance team has been cancelled.

Also --- I'm wondering about dating in the age of the COVID19 pandemic.  You may have picked up on the fact that I'm a single guy (and I'm a catch!) --- but dating now seems kind of futile.  Best case scenario, you end up kissing a stranger.  Who wants that, with the threat of COVID19 hanging over your head?  It gives a whole new meaning to the term 'safe sex'.

So --- I don't know.  I don't think celibacy is what people are referring to when they talk about social distancing.  But it kind of seems like the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment